Our ‘Kids2Kamp’ 2019 fundraising campaign is now launched and active.
Every year for the past 17 years ‘Shkëndijë’ (Spark Ministries) has run summer residential camps for Albanian children. We have seen God do, and continue to do a mighty works in the children’s lives during our camps – seeing many come to Christ and others go deeper in their daily walk with the God. We never cease to be amazed and are very privileged to have served over 2000 children in our camp ministry so far. See more about our ministry in ‘Activities’ – Adventure camp.
For ‘KampiAdventura’ this year we are planning for 110 campers to attend a one-week period.
- For most Albanian families it’s financially impossible to send their children to camp, so we need to subsidise approximately two thirds of the costs, making it possible for them to attend. We require only £35/ $45 (5000 leke) to subsidise a child to attend camp. (The estimated total cost per person is 8000 leke. 5000 leke from a sponsor and 3000 leke from the camper.)
- We are looking to raise £6863 / $8865 to sponsor these 110, and also cover the shortfall from last year’s camp.
How you can help:
- Prayer – There can never be too much prayer over such a spiritual project!
- Give direct online through Stewardship Services – a one-off donation for this campaign https://www.give.net/KidstoKamp (also gift aid is available for UK taxpayers)
- Give as a church: Take up a special offering, commit to sponsoring a planned number of children or create a fundraising event.
- Share this exciting story and our need through your network. e.g. forward the link/cause on Facebook etc..